Sunday, July 19, 2009

This Just In..... Hello from Florida

Highlights from our first week in Florida:

First Saydee rocked on our flight here! She hated taking off and landing, but she did so good, it was a long day and she was content all day.
The biggest highlight was just getting here and being with Ryan again. It was so good to be with him again and to start our little adventure together. We enjoyed our first Family Home Evening together in Florida, we had the funnest activity we've ever had for F.H.E. SWIMMING in our pool. Yeah! it was great. I have finally reduced the boxes in our living room enough to sit on the couch, I am very proud of myself ( It took all week.)
Then by far our very most fun thing we did was go to the beach! Ryan and I had so much Fun, Saydee just watched us. It was funny. You could tell that we have been desert dwellers our whole lives because we were so excited to see the little clams on the shore and I watched a pelican grab and eat a fish right in front of us! It Rocked!
It is storming pretty hard right now, so I have to go watch it with Ryan and Saydee...... More to come.........

7 comments:

S 'n H NGO said...

dust my eyes deceive me? you updated !!?? WOW! I'm so proud. I can't wait to see pics. If you need me to walk you through how to put them on just call and we go step by step. I'm glad everything is good. I loved getting the texts yesterday!!! MISS YALL!!!

Darwin, Jen, Jensyn, Hurley, Violet, and Daphne said...

I am so glad for the update as well. I am jealous that you can go to a "real" beach. I'm sure it is fantastic to be with Ryan. I can't imagine being away from Darwin for that long. I miss you guys. I'm glad you have the internet up and running. Congratulations on the boxes (the ones in Jensyn's room are still full-no progress on our end...).

sabrina said...

good to see you got there safely and are excited for your new adventure. hope you continue to have fun! :)

The Batchelders said...

Loved the video on facebook of the beach. Sounds so fun. Glad to hear that you're doing well. Keep updating the blog! Love, the Batchelders

April said...

I am go glad you made it safe and sound. Sounds like so much fun, a pool, the beach, what more could you ask for? I hope everything goes well for you, can't wait to see all the adventures.

Melanie said...

I'm so glad you made it and are enjoying it so far. Glad to see you updating the blog also. Now you have to keep up with it so we can all see how much fun you are having in Florida. I know the feeling of boxes. I swear that is the worst part and even after years and years it never seems to go away. Well hope you have fun and get the layout of Florida soon. Stay in touch PLEASE!!!

Lacey said...

Yeah, I'm glad to see that you are enjoying florida. I am so jealous about the beach. I can't wait to move back east...we are going on our first plane ride next week, hopefully Colby is as good as Saydee. Did you know that we are having a little GIRL!!! :)